Bettye Hyde Co-operative Early Learning Centre is open between 7:30 am and 5:30 pm. We offer full-time care for Toddlers ages 18 to 30 months, as well as full and part-time programs for children aged 30 months to 5 years. Children are registered by age into either the Toddler or Preschool Program. We offer bilingual teaching (French and English) in our pre-school program and will be extending it to our toddler program in the near future.
Upon arrival at the centre, children enjoy free play time. They then move on to more
structured activities, including a variety of art, music and cognitive activities. These are planned according to the children’s interests and abilities and with the Educators’ guidance.
During snack time, the children have another opportunity for free play before tidying up together and then heading outside for some fun and games. Lunch is provided for those registered in the full-day program. Please let us know if your child has any allergies or other dietary restrictions.
The morning and afternoon programs always wind down with everyone gathering for a large circle time together, followed by outdoor play.
Toddler Monthly Program Fees for 2016/2017
Full time: $1619
Preschool Monthly Program Fees in 2016/2017
|full time||T/TH full day||M/W/F full day||M-F ½ day||T/TH ½ day||M/W/F ½ day|
|$1200||$650||$830||am $640||am $352||am $442|
|–||–||–||pm $560||pm $308||pm $386|
- Our full-day program runs from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Our half-day programs run from 8 am to 12 pm and from 1 pm to 5 pm. Due to staffing constraints, children registered in half-day programs must be dropped off from 8 am onward and picked up no later than 5 pm.
- Registration: a $100 registration fee is required to hold your child’s space.
- When a child joins the school, 1.5 months’ fees will be charged in the first month. This is done in order to cover some of our costs should parents make changes to their enrollment without giving us the required 30-days’ notice. When 30-days’ notice of withdrawl is given, this extra half a month’s fees will be put towards the cost of the child’s last month at the school.
- Fees are paid monthly on the first of the month through direct withdrawal.
- Fees for second or third children enrolled are subject to a 10% discount.